Friday, May 6, 2011

Fruit Flies Like a Banana

Sherry is fond of telling me whenever our Federal government does something that favors large businesses over small that a Progressivist government prefers a few large companies with which to deal.  She's always -- well, almost always -- right, but in such cases she's absolutely right.

It is also true that such companies prefer unionized labor, because they only have to negotiate with one party.

If you don't believe me on that latter point, read this plea from Roger Goodell -- commissioner of the National Football Monopoly... er... League -- for professional football players to be forced not to drop their union.

Some things are inarguable facts: big governments like big companies; big companies like big unions.  I suppose for the same reason that fruit flies like a banana.

Please don't tell me I forgot to say "Time flies like an arrow."  I didn't because it doesn't.  We've gone back to the early 20th century and are reliving the advance of collectivism.