Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vulnerable Seats by Poll Closing Time

David Keating of the Club for Growth has compiled a very large list of vulnerable Congressional seats -- almost all Democrat.  "What I need," I thought, "is a list of poll closing times so I can add them to this list and sort by that."



So I Googled for "+general -primary election 2010 poll closing times" -- though I didn't get that right the first time -- and I found this list at The Greenpapers.  When it didn't copy and paste into a reasonable format, I looked at the search results again... and found almost exactly what I was hoping to build at Redstate.

It would be best to have this data in tabular form without the commentary, with a separate column for each tier with the lower probability tiers out to the right, and rows sorted by closing time.  I'll keep looking for that, but if I fail to find it, this will serve.

I feel compelled to keep repeating that Republican Party is the worst excuse for a political vehicle for the principles of economic liberty... except for the Democratic Party, which is far, far, worse.  Since we have winner-take-all election system, and have to choose one of the two to have any hope or influence, our choice is pretty clear.  We have done a lot to get the attention of the Republican leadership this year, but we must keep continue to keep the pressure on them as we roll toward 2012.