Wednesday, September 22, 2010

[5/13/10] Shock and Appall; Awe to Follow

Tony Blankley addresses the current Republican political trend toward housecleaning -- and Senate cleaning too -- dumping hands-across-the-aisle-and-into-your-pockets Spendican appropriators.  Along the way, he whups up on David Brooks, the liberal local New York paper's Republican house boy.  Of Senator Robert Bennett's defeat last Saturday, Blankley writes
I was delighted to see him lose because the next Congress is going to need a lot of a certain type of politician -- and Mr. Bennett is not that type.
We need determined men and women who share the view of us shocked and appalled Americans that we are in crisis -- and that we cannot wait until 2013 to stop the madness and start the rollback. Winning a majority of Republicans in November without electing a majority for radical, immediate rollback will be essentially as good as losing. As a Republican Party man for 46 years, I have, until now, always thought it was better to win a majority any way we can.
But not this year.
I hooted "Hooray," when I read that!  It mirrors my own thinking exactly, except that my radicalization occurred over twenty years ago, the first time the Republican party establishment proved to me that they would always support the Republican in Name Only (RINO) Arlen Specter.

I've sent not one red cent to the national party since, and I won't until they are run by honest, effective economic conservatives like Senator Jim DeMint and Senator Tom Coburn.

My money goes to the candidates who espouse true belief in economic freedom and who are supported by the Club for Growth.  This year we are sending money to Marco Rubio in Florida and Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, among others.  I recommend that you go to the Club's web site, join -- its free -- and send any money you might ordinarily send to the national Republican party to the candidates in places where it can do some good.

Then we can turn our shock and appall into the appropriators shock and awe!